Entry no.38
Saturday 27Th March
At netball we came tenth in the whole region (Bath, Bristol and South Gloucestershire)! I am very pleased. Scout camp has been OK so far (Ethan and I left to go there yesterday). Last night we went on a night hike. It was really muddy. Also I only wore a short sleeved T-shirt, jogging bottoms and one sleeping bag last night. I was so cold because the tents are just canvas (like a sheet of plastic) held together with rope, a few poles and wooden pegs. Also, the camp is at the top of a hill so whenever I need the loo I have to put my walking boots on and go all the way down the hill to this hut that the Cubs were using. For breakfast today I had a cheese toasty, baked beans and fried bread. Every-one else who wasn't vegetarian had a bacon butty, beans and fried bread. Everything was cooked on a fire. Today we built camp gadgets out of wood and played this team game were you have a log and two pieces of wood and you have to use them to get the log all the way down and up the hill without touching the log or the log touching the ground. It was hard. Ethan's patrol came first but our patrol tried again later so we got second. Then we had lunch: a cup of powdered soup. I had vegetable. After that everybody had this piece of paper with stuff to do to get this badge but because I'm not in-rolled in Scouts I didn't get to. Instead I cut pieces of wood with an axe and I cut my hand. Then we had tea. It was a really nice stew thing and for pudding we had this really nice thing. It was a banana, cut open with slices of chocolate inside, cooked on the fire so the chocolate melted. Yummy! The last thing we did was have a campfire. Ethan and I talked before going to bed.
Goodbye!
Bristol not bristle
ReplyDeletegreat entry, canvas is not "a seet of plastic though" :)
ReplyDelete