Sunday, 28 March 2010

Entry no.39

Entry no.39
Sunday 28Th March
I was a lot warmer last night. I wore: a T-shirt, two fleeces, a pair of trousers, socks, gloves and a hat. For breakfast we had ready made pancake mix. We cooked them on outdoor gas fires but ours didn't really work so all of our pancakes were under-cooked. We did three challenges today. Firstly archery. We had to shoot as many golds (centers) as we could with three arrows. The best score I got was nineteen out of thirty. Another time I shot a gold. When we did the real round of the most golds we shot five. The next activity was fire lighting. We had one hour. It took us a few minutes to light our fires and then we got to roast marshmallows on them. When our fires burned out we made feather sticks (sticks that are good for lighting fires). Then we did first aid. That was quite easy. After that we lit a fire together (in our patrol). We had to light using five matches or less. None of the boys could light it so I had the fifth match. I managed to light the fire but then one of the boys "accidentally" blow it out. Then we had lunch: ration packs. We had to put these plastic bags into boiling water to cook them. I had tuna rigatoni. It was really nice. Then we had the puddings. They were squidgy and sloppy and horrible (even though mine was supposed to be chocolate). Then we did the final activity: the gun run. It was this thing where we had a wooden cannon that we had to take apart, carry across a river, take through a children's playground and fix together again. It was hard and Ethan had to come on our patrol (because we had barely any people) and he sabotaged it! Then we took our camp down and packed our bags. Finally, our scout leader told every-one that our patrol won and we got two big chocolate bunny's to share between our patrol. They were nice. Then we came home and I had a warm shower. It felt really good. Then I went to bed really early.
Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment